Terms of License
Yes, you may.
- Use the resources to create unlimited personal projects.
- Commercial projects for yourself or on behalf of a client.
- Use the resources to create unlimited end products.
- Incorporate the resource into your original design for print on demand.
No, you may not.
- Use graphics on their own as a standalone commercial design.
- Redistribute, sub-license, or share resources to a third party.
- Re-mix the resources to create similar resources for sale.
- Commercial projects for a company with annual revenue of over $25 million USD per annum.
You need to negotiate a different license in the following cases.
- Your company or your client’s company has an annual revenue of more than $25 million USD per annum.
- You intend to use a graphic or pattern (including stamp brushes and layer styles) “as is” on any commercial product without significant modification or additional elements.
- You intend to upload the resource to a website or app where third parties will have access to use it, edit it or add it to their design.
If your usage fits any of these descriptors, you must contact me to obtain special licensing at email@example.com.
What is an end product?
An End Product can be either a digital design or physical item that you intend to sell or distribute to more than a single person.
How many end products can I sell?
You can create unlimited end products for sale as long as your company (or the company you are creating the product for) has an annual revenue of less than $25 million USD per annum. Anything above this should contact me for an extended license or pattern licensing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I sell a physical product with your pattern on it?
If the pattern is used as a standalone “as is” design, you will need special licensing for this. Please contact me for details at email@example.com
Can I redistribute the resources I’ve purchased?
No, the resources purchased are for your use only. You cannot redistribute my resources or claim the resource as your own for resale or licensing. By purchasing a license, you are purchasing the rights to use the resources, the resources are not sold to you. I retain all copyrights to my resources.
What kinds of commercial projects can I use your resources for?
You can use my resources for any kind of purpose for yourself or on behalf of a client, with the following restrictions:
- Your design must be a) significantly different from the original resource b) require time, effort, and skill to produce. For instance, using a layer style or stamp brush to fill a page and then selling that as digital paper or clipart, would not satisfy this requirement.
- Your End Product must not be sold in a way that is directly in competition with the original resource you purchased. For example, you may not combine two of my brushes to create a new brush for sale. A good rule of thumb is to look at whether your end product appeals to the same customer profile as the original item, if so, it does not satisfy this requirement.
- Designs must not be distributed in such a manner that the original resource can be extracted by any third party or end-user. Layered PSD, AI, and vector-based PDF files are not permitted. If your client needs access to the original source files, they need to purchase their own license.
- Should you choose to make End Products to sell on POD (Print on Demand) websites, you must flatten your design so my resources cannot be extracted by a third party.
Can I claim copyright or trademark design containing your resources?
You may not claim copyright or register as a trademark any design or end product that contains a recognizable graphic or element created by me. This includes stamp brushes, shapes, or illustrations/patterns. If you use my dynamic brushes to create a completely new and unrecognizable illustration or typography, you are permitted to copyright or trademark this design.
FULL LICENSE TERMS
Daniel Wulff Petersen’s Resources are protected by The Netherlands and other international copyright laws and treaties. Daniel Wulff Petersen retains ownership of the Resources but grants you certain rights to use the Resources on the following terms. All other rights are expressly reserved by Daniel Wulff Petersen.
By purchasing the right to use the Resources you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this license. If you do not agree to the terms of this license, Daniel Wulff Petersen will not license the Resources to you, and you must discontinue using the Resources.
Daniel Wulff Petersen hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Resources in the following ways, subject to the terms set forth herein:
You must combine Daniel Wulff Petersen’s Resources with other design elements to form an original design. The design must be significantly different than the original Resource and require time, effort, and skill to produce. The original Resource must not constitute the primary integrity of the design.
End Products for Sale must not be used or sold in a way that is in direct competition with the Original Resource. Your design must not be distributed to any third parties in a manner that allows for the extraction of the Resource in its original form.
You may not use my resources in projects for a company whose annual revenue is more than $25 million USD per annum.
You may modify or manipulate the Resource or incorporate it into other content and make a derivative work from it. Daniel Wulff Petersen will retain all rights, title, and ownership in the Resource and the resulting derivate work is subject to the terms of this Standard License.
You may not sub-license, resell, redistribute, provide access to, share or transfer any Resources (e.g. as stock, in a tool, app or template, with source files, and/or not incorporated into an End Product) under any circumstances, not even for free. Uploading any Resource to a website at a resolution that exceeds the display resolution of the intended viewing device will be deemed to be an attempt to redistribute the Resource. You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from accessing and/or duplicating the Resources. If you become aware of any unauthorized duplication or access of any of the Resources, please contact Daniel Wulff Petersen.
You may not make the Resource available on a digital asset management system, shared drive, or to share or transfer the Resource, and you must not permit an end-user to extract the original Resource and use it separately.
You may not register as a trademark the Resource or any design incorporating the Resource. This excludes designs that are completely unrecognizable from the original resource, i.e. an illustration or typography created by your hand using dynamic brushes.
You may not falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Resource was created by you or a person other than Daniel Wulff Petersen.
You may not use the Resources in a manner that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, obscene, threatening, profane, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group, individual, or is otherwise objectionable.
You acknowledge that Resources have not been developed to meet your requirements and that it is, therefore, your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the Resources meet your requirements. Daniel Wulff Petersen does not warrant that the operation of the Resources will be uninterrupted or error-free. Under no circumstances will Daniel Wulff Petersen be liable to you or any third party for any special, consequential, or incidental damages including lost profits, savings, or business interruption as a result of the Resource being defective.
Installable items (brushes, layer styles): For each license purchased, one user (or seat) is allowed and the user may install the product on up to three of their own devices. The license prohibits sublicensing, selling, giving away, or re-distributing the product in any capacity. You may not store purchased products on shared drives where they may be taken and used by un-licensed users and you agree to take reasonable steps to prevent third parties from acquiring purchased products.
Where example artwork is provided this is done to demonstrate how a product works. Therefore all example files supplied are for personal use only. All commercial use is prohibited unless otherwise discussed. If you wish to use any of the example files for commercial use please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daniel Wulff Petersen will make every effort to update add-ons so they work well with future versions of the software with which they are compatible, but cannot guarantee this will happen in every instance or give a timescale as to these updates.
While every effort is made to ensure that all Daniel Wulff Petersen products are of the highest quality, occasionally a situation will arise where a product will malfunction (often at the fault of the program in which they are installed). Daniel Wulff Petersen will make every attempt to resolve such issues and get the product working for you. Under no circumstances will Daniel Wulff Petersen be held liable to you or any third party for any special, consequential, or incidental damages. including lost profits, savings, or business interruption as a result of the product being defective.